As the Copyright Coordinator, you will play an integral role on our Copyright team as you will assist the Copyright Department with general administrative tasks including new song processing, performing rights society registrations, permission requests and U. S. Copyright Office filings.
U.S. Copyright Office research and registrations of new works
Assist with permission request approval process
Process the CWR acknowledgement (ACK) files and perfect song registrations
1. File U.S. Copyright Office registrations for all new classical concert works, all Hal Leonard print products, and all new recorded pop songs (physical releases on CD and digital only releases), for the U.S., UK and German offices. (Utilizing the Copyright Office portal, internal excel tracking sheets, and the iMaestro database.)
2. Order all material needed for U.S. Copyright Office registration (order CDs from Amazon, order print books from Hal Leonard, order concert works from the Rental Dept.) and ship materials to Copyright Office for filing
3. Process the PRO acknowledgement files (ACK files) – (download ACK files from Music Mark site; upload files to iMaestro; run error report to create list detailing rejected songs- research & update rejected songs; add group code to songs for re-submission)
4. ACK files error report detailing counterclaimed songs – contact publisher to resolve counterclaim, research & pull agreement documents as needed; once resolved advise PRO and confirm song registration lists our correct share
5. Assist with permission requests – download permission forms from Concord portal and add to Tracker; email requester instructions on how the permission process works, forward request to appropriate department for review, work with manager to determine fees, draft permission license agreement, follow up on any outstanding requests.
Bachelor’s degree in music business, preferably with a concentration in publishing/copyright administration
1-2 solid internships and/or experience in a music publishing company
Strong MS Office skills
Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Solid research skills
Strong written communication skills
Knowledge of iMaestro preferred / able to quickly learn new systems
Some knowledge of musical notation/theory/musical theater a plus
CONCORD MUSIC IS THE INDEPENDENT, WORLDWIDE LEADER IN THE DEVELOPMENT, ACQUISITION, AND MANAGEMENT OF RECORDED MUSIC, MUSIC PUBLISHING, AND THEATRICAL PERFORMANCE RIGHTS.
With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, Miami, London, Berlin, and Cleveland, Concord Music has a diverse and vibrant roster of active recording artists, composers, and songwriters, and a vast and historic catalog of works by some of the most treasured names in music history.
This position will be located in Nashville, TN.
to apply, email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org