Jamming with friends. Marching. Making beats. Singing.
You love music and you want to be a bigger part of it.
Earn credit for doing what you already love.
Another Advanced Placement (AP) class likely won't get you any further along in the music industry, but a class with us just might. Our Dual Enrollment program allows exemplary and motivated high school juniors and seniors to take college-level courses on our Creative Campus while they are still enrolled in high school.
The best part? Successfully complete two years of study with us, and you can finish out your diploma in Music Industry Entrepreneurship in only one year. Now that's a true music (business) prodigy.
- Career exploration for students interested in the music industry, including: audio production, music business, live sound, video, interactive, and independent music fields.
- A 4:1 lab:class ratio and externships allows students who may not otherwise have the opportunity to apprentice inside the music industry.
Completing the full, 2-year dual enrollment program leaves qualified high school students only one additional year (post-high school) to complete the program and become full graduates of our program.
High school seniors dual enrolled have the opportunity during spring of year 2 to participate in the world-renowned South-by-Southwest music industry conference.
Through established partnerships with Skully’s Music Diner, Music Loves Ohio, Independents’ Day, and many others, the Columbus community serves as a lab space for students.
50% (½) of a full-time course load taking place during normally scheduled high school hours (9AM - 3PM) accommodates busy high school student schedules as well as other courses they are required to take at their home high schools.
experience | the seminar
All-student learning experience, including: guest speakers, projects, collaborations, and volunteer opportunities.
HIGH SCHOOL TEACHERS + GUIDANCE COUNSELORS
Do you have students who want to
— pursue a career in music?
— gain an understanding of higher education options in music?
— use musical interests after high school?
— write original music for the popular music market?
— record music for EPs/demos/mixtapes?
— book and perform live shows?
— market music and grow a fan base to earn income?
— explore opportunities in music for video?
Are you an educator who wants to
— utilize no-cost resources to maximize student success and classroom management?
— record a student group or ensemble?
— use student talent to raise funds for your program?
Our Ask An Expert program is custom tailored for you. Simply use our online Appearance Request Form and we will arrange an in-class or after-school visit around your busy schedule.
Example topics for students
- Why M&Ms Are More Important Than Guitars
- How to Get There From Here: Careers in Music
- 1 in 10,000: A 4-Part Fame & Fortune Formula
- Copyright Kills
- Beats + Samples and Hits + Lawsuits
- Show Me Your License... You Have the Right
EXAMPLE TOPICS FOR EDUCATORS
- Socializing (Media) In the Classroom
- Recording With: 3 Students, 2 Mics, & 1 Laptop
- My Music Program Is Broke ($$$) — Fix It
Presentations range from 30–90 minutes in length and may be customized for an entire class or for a small group.