GROOVE U is a two-year music industry career program located in Dublin, Ohio. GROOVE U focuses on a career-centered approach to learning developed by active industry professionals. The full-time program offers small, personalized classes with specialized areas of study in: live sound engineering, audio production, music business, video and interactive.
GROOVE U is seeking an additional team member to manage office workflow and provide part-time administrative support to the Director, Director of Development, students and parents. This position will also handle all accounting and human resources related tasks including but not limited to: student accounts, quickbooks, payroll, and student and employee paperwork.
COMMITMENT: 25-30 hours, weekly
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent the public face; frequently function as the first impression.
- Answer phones, generate reports, schedule appointments, create agendas and function as gatekeeper for Director and Director of Development.
- Coordinate facilities maintenance including landscaping, snow removal, waste removal, etc.
- Coordinate all facility and equipment reservations
- Monitor all facility and equipment inventory
- Maintain faculty and staff files including but not limited to: new hire paperwork, faculty contracts, continuing education and inservice documentation. Run monthly payroll.
- Maintain all student accounts including but not limited to: enrollment paperwork, academic warning and probation notices, tuition invoicing, and receipts.
- Maintain company monthly accounting in quickbooks. Generate reports for company accountants for annual taxes and third-party audits.
- File reports for various local, state and federal agencies including but not limited to: Worker’s Comp, Corporate Activities Tax, Annual Sales Tax.
- Administer and counsel students on the Ohio Means Jobs Revolving Workforce Loan Fund Program. Compile required reports for the Ohio State Treasurer and Value Recovery Group in a timely manner. If necessary, assist in the preparation of a renewal application.
- Participate in staff meetings and attend campus events.
- Occasional travel to college fairs and recruiting events.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or related field.
- Prior experience in an administrative, accounting or HR environment preferred.
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in Apple iWork Suite required.
- Proficiency in Intuit Quickbooks required.
- Ability to perform statistical analysis and prepare reports.
- Possess strategic and analytical thinking skills with an ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Possess an extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize ongoing and new projects.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills, presentation, interpersonal and, organizational skills.
- Possess excellent customer service skills and have experience working with a socioeconomically diverse population.
- Proficiency in Squarespace preferred.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should complete the Employment Application and email a resume and cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com with the subject line titled “Administrative Assistant Position."