GROOVE U, post-secondary music industry career program, is seeking an adjunct music business instructor. GROOVE U focuses on a career-centered approach to learning developed by active industry professionals. This instructor may teach any or all of the following courses:
MUS 313 • music | the business — survey of the music business, includes: history of the industry, development of genres, impact of video and interactive, current music industry practices, and career exploration.
MUS 416 • music | the artist – study of income from the perspective of the artist and artist manager, includes: merchandising; sponsorships/endorsements; touring; contract negotiation.
MUS 418 • music | the product – study of income from the perspective of the record label, includes: record label operations & distribution, product manufacture & marketing.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and deliver course content based on tangible learning outcomes real on-the-job scenarios.
- Coordinate with other instructors to include cross-class collaborative projects.
- Relate course content to real-world industry experiences by continued professional development, and involvement in the industry.
- Promote student success by demonstrating flexibility in teaching style and learning processes.
- Support GROOVE U students and faculty at occasional campus events.
- Attend regularly scheduled faculty meetings to review curriculum and discuss student progress.
- Manage the learning environment by keeping accurate attendance records, submitting grades on time, and enforcing campus academic procedures outlined in the GROOVE U Student Handbook and Course Catalog.
- Bachelor’s degree in field related to music, business, or technology.
- At least 10 years music business industry experience.
- Experience as senior management or owner of a small business.
- At least two years instruction experience at a post-secondary education institution.
- Proficient with Mac OSX and iWork Suite.
- Proficient with Squarespace or other web-design platform.
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms.
- Experience with online learning tools, ie: Google Drive, iTunes U, Flipboard, Engrade etc. is preferred, but not required.
Interested candidates should complete the online Employment Application and email their resume and cover letter with the subject "Music Business Instructor”.