GROOVE U recently achieved national and institutional accreditation and is beginning the initial application process to participate in federal financial aid and Department of Veteran Services aid programs. GROOVE U is seeking a consultant to assist the administration with the application process, and ensure compliance with federal, state and institutional regulations. If approval for participation in federal student aid programs is awarded, this individual will serve as the Director for all financial aid programs and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the administration in completing and filing the initial application for participation in federal financial aid programs.
- Possess a working knowledge of all federal, state and institutional regulations and ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Develop, implement, and maintain an effective compliance program to detect, prevent, and resolve issues that fail to meet federal and state financial aid regulations.
- Administer and counsel students on the Ohio Means Jobs Revolving Workforce Loan Fund Program. Compile required reports for the Ohio State Treasurer and Value Recovery Group in a timely manner. If necessary, assist in the preparation of a renewal application.
- Pending application approval, administer programs through the Department of Veteran Services and counsel veterans on usage and eligibility for the GI Bill.
- Pending application approval, administer Title IV Programs, including the Pell Grant, Stafford Student Loans, Work Study Program, state grants, and other programs as identified. This also includes key functions such as verification of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Ensure that financial aid is properly awarded to the appropriate students and that data is transmitted in an accurate and timely manner to the Department of Education.
- Develop a policy manual and workflow to maintain compliance with federal and state financial aid requirements and ensure effective, quality, timely processing of student financial aid applications.
- Work closely with students, prospective students, families, and other stakeholders to answer financial aid questions and provide assistance in one-on-one and group settings, such as FAFSA workshops or information sessions.
- Develop and lead financial aid presentations and participate in outreach activities such as New Student Orientation, financial aid workshops, student outreach programs, and other events in support of student enrollment.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of student tuition accounts including preparing invoicing, and receipts.
- Prepare for and participate in local, state and federal audits of GROOVE U.
- Participate in campus committees/meetings and attends college events.
- Bachelor’s degree in student affairs, higher education, business, finance, public administration or related field.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory or director experience in a collegiate financial aid office.
- Experience at a proprietary career or vocational institution preferred.
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal and state financial aid programs, especially the Title IV program.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience at a post-secondary educational institution.
- Proficiency in both Microsoft Office and Apple iWork Suite preferred.
- Proficiency in Intuit Quickbooks.
- Ability to perform statistical analysis and prepare reports.
- Possess strategic and analytical thinking skills with an ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Ability to prioritize ongoing and new projects.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills, presentation, interpersonal and, organizational skills.
- Possess excellent customer service skills and have experience working with a socioeconomically diverse student population.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should complete the Employment Application Form above and send a resume and cover letter (PDF) to email@example.com with the subject line titled "Financial Aid Director Position."